Cottage Grove Lion Tracker
March 28, 2024, 12:36:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home     Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letter to Classmates (2013)  (Read 4779 times)
Rocke Warren
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 23, 2013, 11:57:12 AM »

Wanted to say "hi" to all of you classmates. Nothing much new here except that we are all probably getting a little older. Ha!

Our grandson, Doug, is 22 now, 23 in June. He has been here since he was two days old. He is classified as autistic, but he is very intelligent, and very normal in most ways. He loves gaming, and his "Play Station" and "X-Box" games. He definitely has the gift of gab, and he loves to talk.

I have been a widow for 19 years now. I do not have E-mail but with "snail mail", I keep up with quite a few pen-Chuck pals. One is my very precious retired pastor friend, now in a nursing home in Illinois. We have been best friends for nine years now.

We are very active in our church, and I still lead a ladies Bible Study here in Rainier each Wednesday morning.

My kids are about the same. Chuck, 52 and Francine; Kathy, 50, and John; Linda, 47, and her daughter, Jenny, age 21, (Jenny is not married yet), and Beth, 44, and her boys, Brian, 14 and Josh, 12.

Kathy and John just moved from Chattanooga, Tennessee to Manchester, Kentucky. John has been called to pastor a church there in Manchester. He was in the Army, and was a Chaplain, but now he will be serving this new church.

We keep busy. Doug loves to shop at Target, Walmart and Game Stop. Most of the clerks have gotten to know him.

Our life may seem boring to some, but we manage to keep busy here along with cats, Sparky and Tippy.

I would love to hear from any of you who would care to write and I would answer all letters.

Thelma Blair
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:02:41 PM by Rocke Warren » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: